DIY Trim: Air Compressors Give a Professional Look While Equipment Rentals Save you Money
Air compressors are great. From installing trim to framing to inflating tires, an air compressor is a handy piece of equipment. At Time Equipment Rental and Sales, we’ve got a great selection of air compressors that can help your project achieve a professional look without breaking the bank. Our equipment rentals can help you save money on every project on your list.
The cost, size, and complexity of air compressors once limited them to professional uses only. However, today’s compressors are easy to use and offer more than enough power and capacity to handle any task a do-it-yourselfer is likely to encounter.
For whatever reason, you’ve decided to remove and replace the trim in your home. While this may seem like a daunting task at first, air compressors can help you get the job done quickly. By using equipment rentals from Time Equipment, you’ll be saving money as well. When you use the right tools, it will even look like it was done by a professional. Tools that will help you do a stellar job include miter saws.
Steps for a professional DIY trim renovation:
- Carefully remove the old trim. First, take a utility knife and score the length of the trim where it meets the wall. Then, use a putty knife to loosen the finishing nails. Once the nails are loose, gently pull the trim off the wall. By doing this, you keep the drywall intact during your renovation.
- Next, measure the walls to calculate the lengths of trim you’ll need to cut. Use your miter saw to cut your new trim to the desired lengths. Pay close attention to any angled cuts that you might need to make. Use the old trim pieces as a reference point for angled cuts.
- By using equipment rentals from Time Equipment, you won’t have to worry about whether or not the air compressors meets the requirement of the nail gun. Our expert staff make sure that your air compressor rental is compatible with the tools you might be using on the job.
- Be sure to follow the instructions for loading the finish nail gun and connecting it to the compressor. Have someone hold the trim on the wall in position, and then use your nail gun to attach it to the wall. It’s important that you follow any safety precautions to avoid harm.
- Once all of the trim is attached, fill in any small nail holes with caulk. Allow to dry, and then paint as desired.
With the help of equipment rentals like air compressors from Time Equipment, you can easily update the trim in your home to give it a refreshing new look. Equipment rentals from Time Equipment help make your project more cost-effective and less time-consuming. If you find yourself in need of air compressors or other tools for your DIY projects, give Time Equipment a call at 605-348-2360 or stop on by our store. We will help you save money on the tools and equipment you need to get the job done efficiently.